Simon Bills Blog - To view this header please ensure you have Flash installed.

Sunday 15 February 2009

Leaders and Followers (and a new website)

Once again I'm pushing the boundaries of what the blogging / photography art form can withstand by doing another entry without any photos.

I'm here today to introduce you to a couple of new things. Firstly I've added a widget to the blog (top right) which lists those of you who "follow" my blog. If you want to join the illustrious crew of 4 then simply click the "follow this blog" link and you'll be added. To be honest I don't really know what it actually does, I'm thinking that maybe it adds a RSS feed to your bookmarks or something but I can't be sure. The only way to find it is for you to click it and see. Go on, you know you want to.

Another exciting new development (it's actually far more exciting than the addition of the followers widget) is that my Old Street Photography website is finally operational! It's been a looooooooooooooong time coming but I'm really pleased with how it's turned out. Feel free to check it out, I'd love to hear some feedback too, especially anything that doesn't work or you find annoying. Feel free to try and find it in a google search too, it's all good to get my google ranking up!

Check it out at www.oldstreetphotography.com

Promise I'll have some photos for you next time.



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Simon,

Your prices page has a typo at the bottom. At least I think so.

I gather that Addional time under "Sides" should be Additional time

Anonymous said...

You also use "soon enough" twice in your About Us profile... you're better than that.

Danny uses "apart" instead of "a part" which sends entirely the wrong message.

"Our Approach"
The first sentence should be two photographers plural... not singular.

Further, it might be an Australian English v American English thing, but I think that its "all angles ARE covered" and not "all angles covered."

Same thing further down. "we can cover both OF these events" v. "we can cover both these events." Properly I think the OF and the ARE need to be in there.

I say this as someone who has chosen holiday tours based purely on proper grammar on websites. Who knows if other people are as cranky as I am.

Website looks great though. Lets here the story behind the Old Street font.

Dave Gerhard said...

I agree. Awesome font.

Simon Bills said...

Sunter you're a genius, I should run all my text through your proof reading eyes before it goes live! To be honest I'm generally pretty pedantic about grammar on websites (and elsewhere) too but for some reason when I've written it myself I seem to be a bit more flippant.

There is a bit of a story on the font, it's not that exciting though but you've asked for it! Originally we just had "Old Street Photography" in Ariel or some such normal text and it didn't look good, we were also having trouble figuring out how to get the "London based wedding....." text in there as well without taking up too much space along the top of the page. The problem with the text is that it has to be a font that is recognised by all browsers, so that rules out some of the more obscure ones. We managed to find a website with loads of different fonts available for download and selected this one, Danny then mocked up the logo in photoshop and saved it as a jpeg so websites see it as an image as opposed to an obscure font they can't read.

Told you it wasn't an interesting story!

Chris said...

Hey Simon - site looks great!

I'm not sure if its the monitor I'm using, but the site is just a tiny bit taller than my screen - it'd look better I think if you didn't have to scroll to see the images in full.

I thought this was a 2 man show - these are all yours shots aren't they???