Simon Bills Blog - To view this header please ensure you have Flash installed.

Wednesday 10 June 2009

Adelaide, Picasa and expensive photographers

Right, it's a bit of an eclectic mix of ideas in this instalment, but they all link together so bear with me.

Ok, where to begin? I guess this story starts several months ago when I attended a photography expo down in Hammersmith. One of the speakers was a chap by the name of Gary Fong, he's basically made a fortune as a photography entrepreneur, he was a very engaging speaker, had loads of great ideas, but if you wanted to hear more you had to fork out for his DVD (or buy one of his light spheres to get perfect lighting guaranteed in every situation - supposedly).

Fast track to today. On Saturday I'm shooting my first wedding of the season, really really excited about it, I've got my 5D2 waiting and ready to be unleashed and I just can't wait. I decided to get some inspiration by taking a look at what various photographers on the interweb are producing, so I decided to check out the aforementioned Gary Fong. I don't think he actually shoots many (any?) weddings any more, but I found this page which detailed his price list as at 2005. You have to admire a man who charges $120,000 for a day's shoot and passes it off as a discount on his usual rates!

I decided to check out his up to date blog, it seems that these days he just likes taking photos on his iphone. Fair play, it is a lovely gadget. One thing I found on his blog was an embedded slideshow, I did a bit of digging and discovered it was linked to Google's excellent Picasa photo editing / on-line display software. Brilliant, I've got most of my photos on Picasa already so with no additional work on my behalf I can now create on line web albums like the one below - a few shots I took when I was back home in Adelaide recently.



Next blog entry will have some wedding pics, the venue is stunning so stay tuned for some cool shots.


1 comments:

Unknown said...

Great blog with a beautiful pic.