Simon Bills Blog - To view this header please ensure you have Flash installed.

Monday 6 July 2009

Vegetarian Shoes

The keen observers among you will have noticed the change in the lay out of this blog. Kudos to you. For those who are less observant, or are first time visitors (welcome, by the way, take a look around, make yourself at home...) I can report that with the help of Nate Dogg (who's not actually a gangster rapper) I managed to widen the width of the main section - ok, so I didn't articulate that very well but I think you can figure out what I mean. The upshot is I can now put BIGGER PHOTOS on my blog which is awesome, 400 pixels do not do my expensive lenses and 21 megapixel sensor any justice whatsoever, here's hoping that 640 (or even 800 if I'm feeling adventurous) will!! There are far too many photographer's blogs with either no photos, or small photos, make them BIG people!

To celebrate I've thrown up a few shots from the weekend. I spent Saturday in Brighton catching up with old friends and new babies, the sun made a very welcome appearance too, I consider her to be an old friend I've not seen enough of in recent years.

From 2009-07-05 Brighton












So, what do you think of the new format? Thumbs up or down?



7 comments:

Unknown said...

Big is good, but I worry that in these days of wide screen montors most people are lucky to have 1050 vertical pixels. by the time you sqeeze deskbars, toolbars, status bars, title bars onto the screen, I'm not sure how much vertical pix are left. Don't get me wrong, it looks much better, and I'm trying the same thing too. Nice photos again. Damn it, I wish summer would hurry up back down here.

Ruggero e Elena said...

The concept of 'less is more' does not apply to photos. Keep the size.

Joel said...

Thumbs up!

Simon Bills said...

Good point Hash, I've just checked my google analytics stats and the top 3 screen resolutions of site visits over the last month (395 unique visitors totalling 674 visits) are:

1. 1280 x 800 (21%)
2. 1280 x 1024 (20%)
3. 1024 x 768 (20%)

I'll need to make sure my vertical pictures aren't too high as having to scroll up and down to see all of a picture is even worse than having small pictures. The 1.78% of people with 800 x 600 resolutions will just have to deal with a big of scrolling!

DaveBills said...

We just set one up for the cycling club which is ok for us - but your wide format works better for photos.

Check ours out at http://bastardicc.blogspot.com/

Beef said...

Nice work man.

I've been meaning to change the width of my own for about a year now, but slackness has got in the way.

Blogs should be big and beautiful, 400px just don't cut it.

GuruStew said...

Manifest Destiny meets photo blogging. It was fated. This is a good thing and cheaply done. Your very own Louisiana Purchase.

In other words, America loves the new format!