Simon Bills Blog - To view this header please ensure you have Flash installed.

Friday 5 February 2010

Flamin' Galah

Alf Stewart would have loved it. Yesterday as I gazed out my kitchen window I noticed a galah perched upon the fence in my carport. A real life flamin' galah just sitting there practically begging for his photo to be taken!! Needless to say I was happy to oblige, I rushed to the spare room, attached the 70-200 big bertha and shot a few shots through the grubby window. If nothing else it proved that such a classic Australian bird was on my property, but the shots weren't exactly blog worthy, it was time to move outside. As I got closer and closer Gary (that's what I've named him) was totally un-phased, I moved all around him, left to right, behind, always getting closer, I eventually was no more than 1.5m away. Gary was just playing it cool.

It was a perfect house warming gift generously bestowed upon me by Australia's native fauna, although it must be said the ice cream scoop I received that night ran a very close second.

Here's a couple of shots around the house, plus a bunch of Gary.















Don't forget Adelaide, I live here now and am taking booking for weddings and portraits so if you know someone who's after some beautiful, fun and elegant photos then point them in my direction!


2 comments:

Anna K said...

Do you need any testimonials about your wedding photography? If so, happy to write something! Highly jealous of the bird-in-back-yard action, and WHAT a beautiful bird - in east London I'm lucky if I see a scrawny sparrow! Anna

Simon Bills said...

Thanks Anna, I've got a testimonial page all set to go which includes some words from your thankyou card which were quite complimentary! Hope you and Ant are going well, life is good down here. Cheers, Simon.