Simon Bills Blog - To view this header please ensure you have Flash installed.

Sunday 31 January 2010

Changes afoot

In the unlikely event there's any Simon Bills Blog tragics out there you may have noticed it's been a little while since my last post. My first instinct is to explain that this is due to my impending move into my new house keeping me busy, which is true to an extent, but that I remember that I've managed to squeeze several hours of Australian Open tennis into most days this fortnight and my moral high ground looks decidedly shaky.

So, tomorrow is moving day, perhaps the most exciting day of 2010 thus far (and there's already been quite a few exciting days so this is saying something). I've been busy over the last month acquiring all sorts of essential home-wares in the post Christmas sales (my parents' lounge room pretty much looks like a Harvey Norman warehouse) and tomorrow it all goes into my new pad. I've also inherited a bunch of second hand furniture from my parents and my brother (actually, some of it is 3rd hand having started with the folks before moving onto my brother and now to me - just like a school uniform) which will give me the skeleton ingredients of a house.

After years of living in flats in London and Edinburgh I'm super excited to not be sharing a wall with any neighbors and having my own little backyard. Midnight Rock Band sessions can now be enjoyed without the nagging feeling that I'm keeping the whole building awake. Another thing I'm pumped about is the spare bedroom I'll set up as my office, having a vacant room is a luxury that just doesn't exist in central London so the plan is to get a massive monitor set up in there and run the Macbook Pro as a dual screen. This will also be better for my back than hours of slouching on the couch editing photos (or writing blogs...)!

Oh, here's some news that's even more exciting than my new house, the couple I did the maternity shoot for a few weeks back are now proud parents to a bouncing baby boy!! Congrats Miranda and Dan, can't wait to meet him!

And because every blog entry deserves a photo here's one I took when the Tour Down Under went through Stirling last week.



The next entry will be sent from MY NEW HOUSE!!!!!



1 comments:

Donna said...

Congratulations on your new home! I also appreciate my yard and not living so close to neighbors although our jam sessions are the Guitar Hero, Rock Band type. Love the action shot! I have yet attempted one of those. Great work!