Simon Bills Blog - To view this header please ensure you have Flash installed.

Sunday 10 May 2009

Engagement Shoot - Chona and Richard

I met Chona and Rich at a house party of a mutual friend Jenny. They'd recently become engaged and were on the look out for a wedding photographer, and as luck would have it they'd already seen some photos from Wimbledon I'd put on Facebook after Jenny had left a comment. I was introduced to them as the guy who took those Wimbledon photos and they soon asked whether I shot weddings too. A beer or two later I'd passed on my business card and we'd arranged to set up a more formal meeting shortly, after all, being able to take good photos from the second row of the greatest tennis match of all time isn't hard to do and doesn't necessarily mean you can shoot a wedding.

Several months later arrangements were in place and the time had come for the engagement shoot. I like to do an engagement shoot before the wedding for a couple of reasons, firstly the couple gets some great casual photos to keep for life or use on their wedding invitations, but secondly, and more importantly it gets them used to having their photo taken and is a great chance to build rapport between the photographer and the couple.

The shoot was loads of fun and we were fortunate to get great lighting conditions, overcast but bright. Big thanks go to Josh for assisting with the shoot. Here's some of my favourites plus a slideshow of the day.






















2 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice! 70-200mm? I need to borrow some friends' time

Simon Bills said...

Hey Hash, yep, 70-200 f/2.8 IS, 24-70 f/2.8 and Sigma 10-20 are my lenses of choice at the moment. Keen to take a bigger step into the world of primes at some stage (my baby step so far consists of a cheap 50m f/1.8 which produces incredible images for a £60 lens), but in the mean time I'm loving the lenses I've got.